As progress continues to be made in the fight against mesothelioma, 2017 looks promising in continuing the march to a cure. For patients and families looking for more information on the latest developments, there are plenty of conferences to offer knowledge, along with support.
The Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation is holding its International Symposium on Malignant Mesothelioma March 27 -March 29. The event will be co-hosted by the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland.
The 13th Annual International Asbestos Awareness and Prevention Conference, sponsored by the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization, is April 7-9 in Arlington, Virginia.
Following are other days and events held throughout the year that are intended to help bring attention to mesothelioma, and cancer in general.
- February 2, 2017- National Cancer Prevention Day
- February 28,2017- Rare Disease Day (NORD)
- May 20,2017- International Clinical Trials Day ICTD
- June 5,2017- 29th Annual National Cancer Survivors Day
- August 1, 2017- World Lung Cancer Day
- September 26,2017- Mesothelioma Awareness Day
You can also find caregiver recognition events and online support groups for both patients and families. For some it is impossible to get to these events, but it is possible to participate online. If you know of any, and would like the rest of the mesothelioma community to be aware of, please let us know.
Everyone is different, as is everyone’s journey with mesothelioma. Some people like to find out as much as they can about the disease, some go to events to enjoy the sense of community. Whatever your personal situation- support is available.
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
- Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization
- 13th Annual International Asbestos Awareness and Prevention Conference