Are You A Family Member or Patient?
Understand and know what to do when dealing with this terrible disease
I am a Family Member or Friend
Learn More About Caring For Someone With Mesothelioma
When a loved one has mesothelioma, you may find yourself supporting them through a very difficult time. Draw on the knowledge of our community so that you can provide the best care possible.
I am a Mesothelioma Patient
Learn More About Your Diagnosis
Each new year brings medical research breakthroughs that not long ago seemed like science fiction. Learn the latest about this type of asbestos cancer so that you can make informed decisions about your healthcare.
Compensation For Mesothelioma
For many families that are coping with a mesothelioma diagnosis, the related expenses can be overwhelming. You should know that financial and legal help are available. Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including any treatments that your doctor may recommend in the future.
- The cost of travel related to your mesothelioma treatment.
- Lost wages due to your disease, both now and into the future.
- Costs of hiring someone to care for children and complete household chores, things you usually do but no longer can.
- The physical, emotional and psychological pain and suffering you have experienced.
In certain cases in which the at-fault asbestos company showed extreme misconduct, you may be awarded punitive damages, which are intended to punish the at-fault party.
Contact Us To Learn More About Legal Help
How Could I Have Been Exposed To Asbestos?
Asbestos is the only known cause of mesothelioma. It has been used in hundreds of products, including manufactured goods, building materials (such as shingles, siding, ceiling and floor tiles, paper products, and cement products), friction products (such as vehicle clutches, brakes and transmission parts), heat-resistant fabrics, packaging, gaskets and coatings. It was also used in machinery such as pumps and valves.
- 33 million houses and businesses in the U.S. contain asbestos, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates.
- Most people who are diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma were exposed to asbestos on the job or during military service.
- Some people were exposed in their own homes, such as families of workers who unknowingly brought asbestos fibers home on their clothing.