Veterans Lawyer For Mesothelioma & Asbestos Claims
As a nationally recognized mesothelioma law firm, Belluck & Fox, LLP takes special pride in advocating for veterans of our nation’s Armed Forces who were exposed to asbestos. We respect and fight for veterans in all branches of the military, but U.S. Navy veterans in particular suffered significant exposure to asbestos on ships and in shipyards. Many veterans who were exposed during their service are just now getting sick with mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases, and they need compensation to pay for medical bills and other expenses.
When choosing a lawyer to manage your claims for mesothelioma compensation, you deserve a firm that is widely known for its success in these complicated types of cases. At Belluck & Fox, LLP, our skilled mesothelioma lawyers are:
- Recognized for our long track record of success. We have secured more than $800 million for mesothelioma patients and their families over the years.
- Focused specifically on mesothelioma cases. Asbestos litigation is extremely complicated and requires dedication and experience. Throughout our careers, we have built up vast resources that we will put to work for you.
- Dedicated to making the process as easy on you as possible. No matter where you are, our lawyers will come to you. We frequently fly across the country to meet with patients and their families in homes and health care facilities. And we can gather all the information we need without you having to travel to court.
- Recommended for our compassionate bedside manner. Our clients say it best: “Thank you so much for your patience, expertise and endurance yesterday at my dad’s deposition. You handled him with care and were mindful of his needs.”
- Committed to the aggressive pursuit of maximum mesothelioma compensation for veterans. We will identify every potential source of compensation in your case and fight for the full amount you deserve, whether that comes through a settlement, a verdict, or an asbestos trust fund claim.
It is our honor to stand up for the rights of these brave men and women, who were never warned by the asbestos companies of the dangers of this material while they were serving at home and abroad. We are committed to demanding mesothelioma compensation for veterans who served in all capacities ─ in engine and boiler rooms, as firemen, electricians and machinist’s mates, any job that put them in danger of asbestos exposure.
Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation. It is important to take action as soon as possible because the law limits the amount of time you have to file a claim.
Options for Pursuing Mesothelioma Compensation for Veterans
When we sit down with you and your family to discuss your claim and your legal options, we will talk about your history in the service and other jobs you may have worked. You may not remember when or where you were exposed to asbestos, and that’s OK. Our lawyers have compiled extensive information about asbestos equipment on ships, specific Navy vessels, and Navy shipyards where veterans were exposed. Visit our FAQ page to answer your questions.
Although mesothelioma compensation amounts vary by case, a thorough investigation of your history of exposure will reveal all your options. It is extremely important to note that you will not be suing the military or your commanding officers. Rather, mesothelioma compensation payouts come from companies that manufactured and sold asbestos products that were used in ships or shipyards.
There are several options our knowledgeable attorneys will explore in developing a strategy to pursue compensation for you:
- Asbestos trust funds. Many companies that manufactured products containing asbestos were required by the courts to put aside money for mesothelioma victims in special trust funds. These trust funds help ensure patients can still pursue compensation, even if the company itself went bankrupt. Seeking compensation through these trust funds is not the same as filing a lawsuit, but it does require you to file a claim proving your illness was caused by exposure to the company’s products. As our lawyers identify how you were exposed to asbestos, we will be able to determine which trust fund (or trust funds) could be held responsible for providing a payout, and we will submit strong evidence to support your claim.
- Mesothelioma settlements. In addition to pursuing compensation through asbestos trust funds, we could identify companies that are still in business and should be held responsible for the harm they caused you. Our skilled mesothelioma lawyers will aggressively negotiate with these companies to demand a full and fair settlement offer. In most mesothelioma cases, companies will offer a settlement to avoid the risk and expense of going to trial.
- Mesothelioma lawsuits. In certain cases where the company refuses to offer a fair settlement, our committed mesothelioma attorneys will take our fight for justice to court. Because mesothelioma is such a debilitating disease, we can generally ask the courts to resolve your case quickly ─ usually within one year. Our seasoned asbestos litigators have successfully argued many cases before a judge and jury, including a recent $22 million verdict in June 2016.
- VA benefits. In addition to pursuing compensation from the companies that are responsible for exposing you to asbestos, our committed legal team can help you apply for VA benefits and connect you with the medical treatment services you need. The VA prioritizes care for veterans who are coping with mesothelioma, and it can coordinate your travel to the top treatment facilities.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, multiple parties could be held responsible for exposing you to asbestos. In pursuing mesothelioma compensation for veterans, our experienced attorneys always explore every potential source of relief for you and your family.
Contact us now to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation, and learn how we can help you.
Why Veterans Choose Us to Fight for Mesothelioma Compensation
When you or a family member is first diagnosed with mesothelioma, it can be overwhelming to try to cope with the medical treatment options, prognosis, missed time from work, and all the other impacts this devastating cancer has on your life. Talking to one of our skilled mesothelioma lawyers will help lessen your load because:
- We have strong ties to the mesothelioma community and can connect you with doctors, nurses, caregivers and other patients.
- We will help you make a plan for your family in their time of need.
- We fight for payment of past and future medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for your pain and suffering.
- A consultation is free, and you do not pay legal fees unless and until we recover compensation.
If you served in the Navy and have recently been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, contact our firm immediately at 1-877-MESOTHELIOMA (637-6843) or through our online contact form. You and your family deserve justice, and the dedicated attorneys at Belluck & Fox, LLP are ready to fight for you.