Edward Levine, MD
Dr. Edward Levine is a nationally-recognized expert in Surgical Oncology. His practice is limited to treatment of patients with melanoma, sarcoma, breast and gastro-intestinal cancer. He is a board-certified general surgeon and principal investigator of approximately 25 ongoing clinical research trials. He is an internationally reknowned expert on the treatment of peritoneal malignancy with Hyperthermic Intra-Peritoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC). He serves as a leader in the Wake Forest Comprehensive Cancer Center and is the chief of the Surgical Oncology service. Levine is a member of numerous prestigious surgical societies and has been listed in Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors for Cancer for more than five consecutive years .
Levine is a general surgeon in Winston Salem, North Carolina and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Levine accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. He is one of 25 doctors at Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center and one of 41 at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center who specialize in General Surgery.
Sarcoma, Gastrointestinal Tumors, Esophageal Cancer, Mesothelioma, Peritoneal Carcinomatosis, Esophageal Tumors, Melanoma, Breast Cancer
Check out the Mesothelioma Doctors & Hospitals near you.
- BS, Northern Illinois University, 1981
- MD, Finch University of Health Sciences – Chicago Medical School, 1985
- Surgery, Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, 1990
- Oncology, University Illinois Hospital, 1992
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery
- Society of Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- National Surgical Adjuvant for Br
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Southern Association for Oncology
- Southern Medical Association
- Southern Surgical Association
- Southern Surgical Congress
- American College of Surgeons
- Association of Academic Surgery
- Connective Tissue Oncology Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Winston-Salem Surgical Society
- The Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Core Director, Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Director-At-Large, Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Section Head, Surgical Sciences – Oncology
- Professor, Surgical Sciences – Oncology
Free Mesothelioma Patient & Treatment Guide
We’d like to offer you our in-depth guide, “A Patient’s Guide to Mesothelioma,” absolutely free of charge.
It contains a wealth of information and resources to help you better understand the condition, choose (and afford) appropriate treatment, and exercise your legal right to compensation.Download Now