Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (DIC) Survivor Benefits
When qualifying for DIC as a surviving child, our applicants typically meet the following requirements.
- I am not included on a surviving spouse’s DIC
- I am unmarried
- I am under age 18, or between 18 and 23 and attending school
When qualifying for DIC as a surviving spouse, our applicants typically meet one of the following requirements.
- I married the veteran before January 1, 1957.
- I married the veteran within 15 years of discharge from the period of military service in which the disease that caused the veteran’s death began.
- I had a child with the veteran AND I cohabitated with the veteran continuously until his/her death OR if separated, I was not at fault for the separation AND I am not currently remarried.
Answer the following question to get started:
Free Mesothelioma Patient & Treatment Guide
We’d like to offer you our in-depth guide, “A Patient’s Guide to Mesothelioma,” absolutely free of charge.
It contains a wealth of information and resources to help you better understand the condition, choose (and afford) appropriate treatment, and exercise your legal right to compensation.Download Now