Learn More: VA Disability Claims for Dependants
You are eligible to receive monthly payments from the VA if your mother or father, or your husband or wife, passed away from service-connected lung cancer or mesothelioma.
If you don’t know whether your loved one was diagnosed with one of these diseases, our VA-accredited claims representative will help you figure this out.
Our representative will also help you determine whether you meet the DIC eligibility requirements.
There are a number of documents that must be submitted to the VA as part of the DIC application process:
- Application for Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits: VA Form 21-526EZ
- Declaration of Status of Dependents (if applicable): VA Form 21-686c
- Discharge Paperwork: DD 214
- Exposure Summary
- Copies of all civilian medical records or a signed medical release allowing the VA to request those records.
- Copy of marriage certificate or license (if applicable)
- Divorced or widowed documentation (if applicable)
We strongly recommend that you DO NOT submit anything to the VA without first consulting with our claims representative, who will help you to gather all necessary documentation, fill out the DIC application accurately, and submit it to the appropriate office.
We’ve worked with many survivors on this application process. With our help, you have the best possible chance of having your DIC application approved.
Again, please DO NOT submit your application until you’ve had the chance to speak with our claims representative.
Contact us to get the process started.