Mesothelioma Law Firm
What Does a Mesothelioma Law Firm Do?Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that attacks the lining of the lungs and chest wall (pleural), abdominal area (peritoneal), heart (pericardial) and testicles (tunica vaginalis testis). The only known cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos. Mesothelioma law firms focus on helping mesothelioma patients and their families recover compensation from the asbestos companies that are responsible for their illness. Asbestos litigation is a complex field of law, so it is crucial to choose a top-rated mesothelioma law firm that has an established track record of securing maximum payments for their clients. When you trust a respected law firm to handle your mesothelioma claim, you can expect your legal team to:
- Research your work history or military service history to pinpoint where and when you were exposed to asbestos
- Gather documentation about the asbestos materials you were exposed to and the companies that produced them
- Keep track of your medical treatments and health care expenses related to your disease
- Collect proof of other economic losses related to your illness, such as loss of income
- Consult with health care experts, life care planners, economists and other professionals to calculate future losses you and your family will experience due to the disease
- File a mesothelioma lawsuit against the at-fault parties and/or pursue claims through asbestos bankruptcy trust funds
- Explore your eligibility for compensation from sources such as veterans’ benefits, Social Security Disability Insurance, and workers’ compensation benefits
- Negotiate aggressively to maximize any settlement offers from asbestos companies
- Zealously argue your case before a judge and jury if a fair settlement cannot be reached
How Can an Asbestos Law Firm Help Me?Coping with a mesothelioma diagnosis, whether you are the patient or the caregiver, can be all-consuming. It can take every bit of strength and energy you have just to get through each day. Meanwhile, the financial pressures continue to pile up, and you worry about what will happen to your family in the future. The best mesothelioma law firms have a true understanding of what patients and families are going through. These seasoned attorneys have helped countless asbestos victims through this difficult time, and they work tirelessly to take the pressure off patients and families. A highly qualified asbestos law firm will work to ease your stress by:
- Explaining all your options for obtaining compensation to cover medical expenses and other bills
- Connecting you with medical specialists who understand what mesothelioma patients need
- Managing all the paperwork and detailed documentation required to file a legal claim
- Ensuring the patient’s and family’s needs are always put first, including accommodating patients who are too ill to travel
- Helping families make a plan for the future to ensure they are not left with financial burdens after a tragic loss
What Should I Look for When Hiring an Asbestos Law Firm?There are several qualities to look for when selecting the best mesothelioma law firm to handle your claim for compensation. Because asbestos cases are a very specialized area of law, you will need a highly qualified mesothelioma attorney who has extensive experience successfully handling these types of claims. When choosing a lawyer to take on your mesothelioma claim, you should look for:
- A proven track record of results in cases involving mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases
- Detailed and extensive knowledge about the companies that produced asbestos materials, as well as the many job sites where these products were used
- Thorough understanding of the complex medical needs of mesothelioma patients, as well as connections to top specialists in the field
- Broad network of recognized medical professionals and other experts who can provide testimony as part of your case
- Dedication to helping you and your family identify every potential source of compensation, including assistance such as veterans’ benefits and Social Security Disability benefits
- Compassionate approach and earnest concern for what you and your family are going through
- Commitment to consistent communication about the status and progress of your claim, so you always know what is happening
- How long has your law firm been focused on mesothelioma claims?
- How many asbestos claims have you handled and what were the outcomes? How many of those cases were specific to mesothelioma vs. other asbestos diseases?
- What is your firm’s level of trial experience?
- Has your firm successfully handled appeals in asbestos cases?
- What is the contingency fee arrangement?
- How often will I speak with my lawyer? Will I have direct contact with my attorney, or will I be communicating mostly with a paralegal or case manager?
- Does your law firm have connections to the top mesothelioma experts across the country in order to share knowledge and expertise?
- Can your mesothelioma law firm do anything to expedite my case?
- Can your firm still help the family if a patient dies before the case is resolved?
- Does your firm represent families whose loved ones have died from mesothelioma?
Award-Winning Mesothelioma Lawyers Ready to Help Your FamilyThe community at Mesothelioma Help is supported by Belluck & Fox, one of the highest ranked, nationally recognized mesothelioma law firms. For more than two decades, the law firm has been focused on helping families who have been affected by asbestos diseases. The trusted mesothelioma attorneys at Belluck & Fox travel throughout the United States to meet personally with patients and their families. They have earned a reputation for compassionate and personalized customer service, as well as outstanding results. Belluck & Fox has a track record of obtaining top-dollar verdicts and settlements in complex mesothelioma claims, recovering more than $1 billion for mesothelioma patients and their families. Contact us today to set up a free consultation with an experienced mesothelioma attorney from Belluck & Fox, and learn about your options. [su_youtube_advanced url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwfLTle6cg" controls="alt" showinfo="no" rel="no" modestbranding="yes" https="yes" wmode="transparent"]
A Mesothelioma Law Firm That Delivers ResultsBelluck & Fox has extensive experience, significant resources\ and a history of success in handling complex asbestos litigation. Some of the firm’s most notable achievements for clients include:
- $32 million verdict for a U.S. Navy veteran who was diagnosed with asbestos disease after being exposed aboard Navy ships
- $22 million verdict for a part-time construction worker who was diagnosed with mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos on the job
- $19.5 million verdict for a construction worker who inhaled asbestos from joint-sealing compounds while working on a high-rise building in New York
Meet the Mesothelioma Attorneys at Belluck & FoxBelluck & Fox has a team of dedicated mesothelioma lawyers who focus on handling these types of claims. The firm’s partners are committed to providing the highest quality service, including giving clients their personal cellphone numbers to maintain contact throughout the length of the case. Joseph W. Belluck is a well-respected trial attorney and trusted advocate for those who have been harmed by asbestos. Joe has dedicated his career to holding asbestos companies accountable for failing to warn workers and consumers of the dangers of their products. He is nationally recognized for his work in the field of asbestos litigation, having secured tens of millions of dollars for victims and their families. Jordan Fox has more than two decades of experience securing million-dollar verdicts in complicated asbestos claims. He has earned a reputation for winning landmark asbestos cases, including a groundbreaking case against Sears Roebuck ─ the first such case against a retail giant. Bryan Belasky has helped hundreds of families who were unjustly harmed by mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis and other preventable asbestos diseases. He is a seasoned litigator with a strong commitment to holding large companies accountable for putting innocent individuals and families in harm’s way. Bryan has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for his deserving clients. Seth A. Dymond heads up the motion and appellate practice at Belluck & Fox. He has extensive experience in appellate law and an in-depth knowledge of the strategies and techniques that are necessary to win on appeal. Because mesothelioma cases can result in large jury awards, which are often appealed, having a strong appellate practice is a crucial aspect of Belluck & Fox’s full-service approach to mesothelioma cases.
Nationwide Mesothelioma Law Firm Recognized for Putting People FirstBelluck & Fox measures its success based on client satisfaction. The firm is proud to have earned top recognition from professional legal organizations such as Martindale Hubbell, Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers. However, its most valued recognition comes from former clients:
“I want to express my sincere thanks to you and your team for your hard work and dedication to my case, words cannot express my heartfelt gratitude in how you and your team have changed our lives for the better. We are indebted to you for the remainder of our lives.”
“I know it was a lot, but I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand the amount of time, effort, expertise, etc. that went into finishing this job. When I was given the opportunity to find legal help, it was a true relief to hear that you would take the case. … Thank you for keeping me involved only when I needed to be – this helped keep my anxiety and stress at bay, so I could focus on taking care of my girls and myself. I am forever grateful to you all for every single moment of time you put into helping us.”
-Amy“I realize that this case is nearly settled and it is time for me to move on. I thank all of you for the many hours of hard work you put into John´s case. It must be so rewarding to know that someone was compensated for the negligence and deceit in knowingly allowing Asbestos products to be sold and used. … Please keep doing what you are doing knowing that what you are doing is a worthwhile cause.”
-Pamela, Lawrence & Michael[su_youtube_advanced url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS3S0zg7TSk" controls="alt" showinfo="no" rel="no" modestbranding="yes" https="yes" wmode="transparent"]