Mesothelioma Attorney Joseph Belluck Honored by New Yorkers for Patient & Family Empowerment
Joseph W. Belluck was one of the honorees of New Yorkers for Patient & Family Empowerment at its spring reception entitled, “Making Law Work for Health Consumers.” The event held on June 5 was hosted by Mark Green, a nationally known consumer rights advocate/author, and former NYC Public Advocate and Consumer Affairs Commissioner.
Belluck, a founding partner of the Belluck & Fox law firm, LLP, a nationally recognized law firm with attorneys who represent individuals with asbestos and mesothelioma claims, was honored for his legal work against tobacco and asbestos companies and for advocating for patient rights on a State Medicaid Redesign Team work group. Governor Cuomo established the Medicaid Redesign Team to bring together stakeholders and experts from throughout the state to work cooperatively to reform the system and reduce costs.
According to its website, New Yorkers for Patient & Family Empowerment, Inc (also known as “Patient & Family”), a not-for-profit organization, was formed to focus greater attention on patient safety and to counteract the factors that make it harder for patients and their loved ones to achieve greater safety in healthcare. The organization seeks to:
- Empower patients and their loved ones in interacting with the healthcare system;
- Strengthen public access to information on patient safety; and
- Improve the quality and safety of healthcare in New York.
The other honorees Wednesday night were:
- Elisabeth Benjamin – Community Service Society’s Vice President of Health Programs and founder of the Legal Aid Society’s Health Law Unit
- Janet Foley – Director of Health & Safety at CSEA Local 1000 AFSCME; advocate for safe lifting & moving in healthcare (“Safe Patient Handling”)
Belluck is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and is listed in Best Lawyers in America, New York Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in the New York Area” and in Super Lawyers.
Free Mesothelioma Patient & Treatment Guide
We’d like to offer you our in-depth guide, “A Patient’s Guide to Mesothelioma,” absolutely free of charge.
It contains a wealth of information and resources to help you better understand the condition, choose (and afford) appropriate treatment, and exercise your legal right to compensation.Download Now