A Look at 2016 Mesothelioma Conferences
We know from previous years that approximately 3,000 people in the United States will be diagnosed with mesothelioma. Of those 3,000, approximately one third will be veterans of the U.S. armed forces, they will be in their seventies and the majority will be males. Their asbestos exposure, the known cause for mesothelioma, will be as many as 20- 50 years before their diagnosis. These facts have not changed for many years.
The good news is the treatment, clinical trials, information, and options are so much more advanced now – and they will continue to advance in 2016. Through our ability to find information on the internet, and the availability of published research and public international conferences, we have been able to share the knowledge. With these resources, patients and families living with mesothelioma are better able to make more informed decisions.
Learn firsthand about the latest breakthroughs at these upcoming 2016 conferences:
- 12th Annual International Asbestos Awareness and Prevention Conference – Presented April 8-10, in Washington D.C., by the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization. Following the theme “Where Knowledge and Action Unite,” the conference brings together speakers ranging from experts, victims, and unions to lawmakers from across the globe to speak about efforts in asbestos education, advocacy and awareness.
- 13th International Conference of the International Mesothelioma Interest Group (iMiG) – Held May 1-4 in Birmingham, UK, this conference, under the theme of “Towards Personalized Care,” will address the entire patient pathway and look beyond the scientific topics alone.
- International Symposium On Malignant Mesothelioma – Presented by the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation, this year will consist of three individual conferences in major cities: Houston (May 20), San Francisco (Sept. 16), and Chicago (Oct. 7). Each conference will feature top mesothelioma experts, professionally-moderated support sessions, and numerous opportunities for socialization. Patients, caregivers, family members, medical professionals, and anyone wishing to learn more about mesothelioma should feel free to attend.
If physically attending these conferences is not possible, look into attending “remotely” via the internet.
Knowledge is power. As the year progresses, follow along and we will update and expand on the pertinent mesothelioma conferences.
- 12th Annual International Asbestos Awareness and Prevention Conference
- Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization
- 13th International Conference of the International Mesothelioma Interest Group
- International Symposium On Malignant Mesothelioma
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
Free Mesothelioma Patient & Treatment Guide
We’d like to offer you our in-depth guide, “A Patient’s Guide to Mesothelioma,” absolutely free of charge.
It contains a wealth of information and resources to help you better understand the condition, choose (and afford) appropriate treatment, and exercise your legal right to compensation.Download Now